Thursday, September 26, 2013

Decision Made

Oh, gentle readers, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for not posting in eons. As I've previously whined, I just cannot make enough time during the week to actually accomplish a task that's blog-worthy.

But after much consideration, I have decided to leave my part-time job at the school system, including its mid-day hours that seem to paralyze me into a total lack of house renovation productivity. My last day will be October 11th.

However, I know myself well enough to realize that I need outside social contact to maintain my elusive sanity. So I am in the process of applying for a substitute teaching position. In a perfect world, I will work a day or two per week in my present school and have three days to get projects done around the house.

And the amazing part is that if I work two days, I'll make more money than I currently do. It's a win-win, as those business types like to say. My only fear is that I'm miffing off the school by leaving my regular job and that they'll never call me to sub. Only time will tell.

I have tons of projects that will keep me busy around the house, at least to the point that all my solitude makes the voices in my head grow too loud.

On a more homey note, I did have time over the weekend to prime the entryway -- or foyer, for you true HGTV addicts. It's hard to tell just how much wallpaper removal damage is going to show, so we're going to paint and then do the remaining skim coat touch-ups to make it presentable to you and the rest of the world.

So that's where I am. I'm a little uneasy because this will be the first time I haven't worked regularly, except in time of sickness and surgery recovery. But we bought this house so we could renovate it and get that market value moving in a positive direction. And unless we want to be on the 50-year plan, something's got to change.

I hope you will give me a second chance to become the best blogger I can be -- with regular posts and everything!!

A fashion idea that I hope will soon become a craze: wear socks while you paint; then take them off before moving to a different room. No more painted footprints! (Photo courtesy of LevelHead, Jr.)



No comments:

Post a Comment