Monday, September 16, 2013

Organization Nation!!

I'm sure I've lost all loyal readers by this time with my total lack of posts, but please know it's me, not you. I would love nothing more than to try and bring a smile to your cyber faces with witticisms or at least your expressions of ''I'm so glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy that house."

But, alas, my weekdays since school started have not been a study in efficiency, as I've previously whined. But I'm not one to give up that easily, so today I'm going to start accomplishing a few tasks in the afternoons -- which, yes, means giving up my previous quiet time. I'm going to write down at least two things I want to get done by the time I pick up LevelHead, Jr. from school. For those of you who secretly think Martha Stewart is kind of a slob, this may not seem so impressive, but for me, it's a step in the right direction.

I will continue with this schedule while I'm deciding if I should quit my job. Maybe I'll find that I can get just enough accomplished each day so that I don't feel like such a slug. Or I may come to the conclusion that I can earn more in house equity than I could ever earn with my pitiful school salary.

We did have some time to work this weekend. My dad had his 81st birthday party on Saturday, which involved some driving and took away from task time (Happy Birthday, LevelHead Dad!), but I was able to get a few things done: I finished scraping the paint from the windows in LHJ's room, and I skim-coated the foyer walls in preparation for paint.

Applying the drywall compound is the easy part; the difficulty comes when sanding it off. It's an amazing workout for the arms, plus it creates more dust than a hoarder's coffee table

Mr. Hubby helped prepare the room by hanging up plastic sheeting in a feeble attempt to keep the dust from escaping the entryway. Then, as with most tasks I take on myself, he was called in to rescue me -- this time with the sanding. It's hard, hard work, people. I was huffing and puffing after just part of one wall, and I wasn't even getting it all off. So The Hubster to the rescue -- his anatomical guns were put to good use as he took over and got the job done.

There was only one sliver of wall that I completely missed with the joint compound. So that's one of the two items on my to-do list today: skim coat that final part of the wall and see if there are any other parts that need a second coat.

I also plan to search high and low for family photos that have been missing since the move. I have no idea where they are -- probably in the bottom of a box covered with my sexy lingerie (Mr. Hubby will laugh hysterically when he reads that).

So my day is set. I hope to post more often this week with exciting updates (aren't you thrilled?).

Here's to an efficient day, gentle reader,  full of utter organization for both of us!


Paint Shavings on a Window Sill -- photographic art.


 
 
Me, mid-huff-and-puff

 
This house has cost us so much money, Mr. Hubby can't even afford a Colts jersey
 with a current player.

No comments:

Post a Comment