Monday, September 9, 2013

Whine of the Day

 Sorry I've been absent from my own blog for so long. For someone who is organizationally challenged, juggling work, a daughter, husband and a very needy house pretty much overwhelms me to the point of accomplishing nothing.

A lot of you know that I'm only working at LevelHead Jr'.'s school for three hours per day, but that time is right in the middle: 10:30-1:30. How can I possibly be expected to get anything done before my school time? I'm not one who switches gears easily. I have a hard time painting for two hours and then switching my overalls for a skirt and instantly becoming Teacher's Aide Extraordinaire. It just ain't gonna happen.

Then after work, due to my neurological issues, I usually have to have a little down time after I eat so I'm not completely exhausted by the time I walk to pick up LHJ.

So that's why I haven't been posting much: I just haven't been doing much when it comes to house improvement. Now, if you'd like to hear me go into great detail about setting a doctor's appointment for LJH's rash or how I used up a lot of leftovers in last night's dinner, I'm your gal. But I somehow doubt readers want to hear about the great deal I got on paper towels on double coupon day at the grocery store.

That's my dilemma right now. What to do? What do to? The amount of money I make is so infinitesimal it probably costs the school corporation more in administrative costs to electronically deposit my check than I actually earn.

So should I quit my job and just concentrate on the house right now? If I do, will I slowly become a hermit who never leaves the comfort of her four unpainted walls and orders paint and groceries on-line?

Well, it's time once again to begin the metamorphosis from blogger to educator. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to start teaching the kids about miter cuts and drywall compound. Then I'll come home and educate the baseboards about telling the difference between writing "b"s and ''d''s.

And that's wrong -- on so many LevelHeads ...






No comments:

Post a Comment