Friday, November 15, 2013

Just Call Me Poly-Anna

I haven't been goofing off the past few days, as you might have thought due to my lack of posts. I've actually been working like a dog applying coat after coat of polyurethane on the foyer floor, post Miss Annie Sloan chalk paint.

I now have four coats protecting (I hope) the floor like LevelHead Canine protects a well-earned bone. And so far, no scratches or scrapes. Fingers crossed that the floor stays like this for the next 30 years, until we're so senile we won't even remember how to get to the foyer.

I'm now in search of an area rug to further protect the main walking path. I thought I had found a major bargain at Big Lots for $20. But when I got it home and unrolled, it looked more like one of those industrial rugs you see as you walk into a discount store, like maybe Big Lots -- the very store where I bought the rug (an obscure Seinfeld reference for truly devoted fans).

After touching up the baseboards that I splattered with grey paint (yes, I used tape; I don't know how the paint got there), I want to put some kind of stencil or stamp on the walls to give them a little pizazz.

Oh, the work never ends for a would-be HGTV Design Star...

Before and After pics for your viewing pleasure:




No comments:

Post a Comment