Monday, November 4, 2013

Where Are We??

Whenever acquaintances ask me how the house is going, I'm never quite sure what to say.

I guess it depends on what their expectations are. If they're thinking we still may not have a working kitchen, then, wow, we are kicking butt! If they're assuming the entire house should be done by now, well, then they're going to be sorely disappointed.

The living area -- including the all-inclusive kitchen, dining and living rooms -- is pretty much done except for cosmetic changes: backsplash, more pictures, that sort of thing. But some of the other rooms on the first floor haven't even been touched. Others are in mid-project status with no forward progress predicted in the near future.

So where does that leave us? I'm not sure. As far as I know, there's no phone app that tells us how far we should be on the reno by now. If there is, please Facebook me.

Part of the problem is that we've definitely plateaued -- once the house became ''livable'', progress kind of came to a screeching halt. I'm hoping I can get more things done now that I'm home full days; but unless I hire out some of the bigger jobs, I have to wait for Mr. Hubby anyway.

I guess I'm in a contemplative mood today. But it's hard not to be when you look around, and there are entire rooms crying out for attention, but not getting nearly enough, if any at all.

So in the meantime, I thought I'd try to post some pictures of the living area, so that you can see that we have made some progress in these past seven months.

The shower door in LevelHead Jr.'s bathroom is supposed to be installed today, but the guy should have arrived by now, so who knows if that will actually happen.

And tomorrow, unless something unforeseen happens, I'm going to clean the slate tile in the foyer like it's never been cleaned before so I can begin the Great Chalk Paint Experiment.

So I guess there is SOME progress ...

Before and Afters:



 
 *******************





 
 
 ****************
 
 
 

1 comment: