Tuesday, August 13, 2013

He's Got Mad Skills

While I was diffusing toxic spray paint fumes around the ozone this past weekend, Mr. Hubby was on a painting roll (that's renovation humor, people).

After buying only four paint samples (which isn't really too bad for me), I chose the colors: a pale gray/blue for the living room and a darker version for the dining area. The Hubster then got to work.

We decided that a separate primer would be worth the effort on the walls that formerly had wallpaper, and it was a good decision. The paint went on much more smoothly than it had in the master bedroom.

There's not too much more to say, other than that Mr. Hubby has a back-up career if his teaching gig doesn't work out. He's a fabulous painter, and he's even learning to put drop cloths down on the floor --  which avoided the speckled abstract art he created on the laundry room floor after painting the doors.

Soon I want to transform the dining room table, which I got free from my former next-door neighbor. I'm hoping to make it look like an antique with some strategic painting and sanding. More on that to come.

Here are some pictures of the dining and living rooms, before and after ''the blues.''




No comments:

Post a Comment