Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meet My New Baby!!

Many of you may not have known I was expecting, but Mr. Hubby and I proudly gave birth to the newest member of the LevelHeaded family last night. Boy or girl, you ask? No, it's a table! And if I do say so myself, it's about as cute as can be -- shabby chic with just enough imperfections to make it antique-y.

My gestation period was only the time it took to email with the Craig's List seller and the hours waiting to pick it up yesterday. And that pain is quickly dissipating as I admire my not-so-tiny newborn.

If you'll recall from my most recent post, the table purchased is actually a round dining table. I knew I wanted an oversized coffee table but didn't want to pay a supersized price, so I had this idea to cut off the legs of a bargain-priced piece.

And that's just what I found. Well, maybe the price wasn't as low as I was hoping; the seller just wouldn't budge. But $50 isn't too much for solid wood, is it? And who can actually put a price on a member of the family?

When we got home with our bundle, Mr. Hubby gave birth to his own bundle of energy and quickly got to work measuring the height of the existing table and cutting off legs.

What's left is just what I wanted: a mega table that's not far from any of the couch or chair seats in the room.

There's only one teensy-weensy problem: the color. It's a funky turquoise, which I think is tres cool, but there's nothing else remotely like it in the rest of the room. So my next stop may be a flea market to see if I can find a few turquoise accents.

Plus, we're going to the big city this weekend for a party, and I may be able to weasel some shopping time out of the deal. The old me would have run to the Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel stores (which are still fun for looking), but I really want to go to a HomeGoods store to see what bargains I can snatch.

FYI, we're registered at several furniture stores around town if you want to buy us a baby gift ...


We are pleased to introduce LevelHead Table (but we're going to call it LHT) ...





No comments:

Post a Comment