Thursday, October 24, 2013

We're Gettin' There!

Today was all about getting something, ANYTHING, done!

So after taking LevelHead, Jr. to school, if was off to the Y for strength training, then a zip over to Lowe's for another quart of Parisian Mist paint, the foyer color.

I got most of it painted, except for two areas around the doorways -- that would have happened if my body hadn't decided it would rather throw up than paint. I don't know if it's my neurological issues or if all the mucus from my cold was waging combat with my equilibrium, but I had to finally put the roller aside and sit for a few minutes to re-set my balance.

Two hours later, and I'm pretty much back to normal (whatever that is), so tomorrow I'll finish up the last part and look for glaring missed spots. The paint doesn't seem to like adhering to the joint compound, so those areas are looking a little pale. Look at it this way, the joint compound is like 15th century England, and the paint is obviously French with a name like Parisian Mist. They just can't get along and seem to be doing battle on the wall. So far, England is winning (sorry, my LevelHead French friend!).

While I bought the paint, I also picked up two light fixtures, one for the master bedroom and one for a little area that doesn't really seem to need a light but currently has a stained glass house fixture (please see below), so it's getting changed whether it needs illumination or not.

I also ordered a teensy more expensive light fixture for the foyer from this great website: Shades of Light. Check it out if you're in need of some cool illuminators.

So tomorrow it's all about finishing up the foyer painting and shower door shopping for LevelHead, Jr,'s bathroom.

Here's the glass bird house light or whatever it's supposed to be. Let the bidding start at $5.



No comments:

Post a Comment