Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Down and Out

Not a great day for LevelHead. I'm fighting a whopper of a cold that I'm sure was caused by my insane schedule the past couple of weeks. My poor little immune system just couldn't keep up. So I'm taking the day off to give my body some needed rest and rehab.

But I have to get myself together by 1:00 to meet the electrician who moonlights as a lighting designer if you use his electrical services, and I'm ALL about the free when I can get it. I just don't know about this electrical stuff -- how many canned lights in the ceiling and how far apart, etc, etc. I'm hoping this guy will wear the hat of a teacher, as well as a salesman.

I also need to learn about preparation for the electrician's rough-in work: where they attach the necessary wires, etc to the studs. Are there codes that require a minimum number of outlets, or is it basically at the homeowner's uneducated whim?

Another reason I'm feeling in the dumps today is because LevelHead, Jr. is having a hard time with the idea of moving. She loves our current home and doesn't want to be transplanted to that "old" place. She's blaming me for "making" her and Mr. Hubby move. No wonder she's been a real pistol with me lately. I thought it was my overall lack of maternal skills that had her upset; turns out it's my inane desire to be a General Contractor that's making her sad. Maybe she realizes it's could be years before I get my GC s%&* together and can actually provide a nice home for all of us.

She's also upset that she has to spend almost every weekend waking moment at the other house while Mr. Hubby and I work on projects. It's not fair to her, I know, but it's the cost of living in a town without family. We did decide we'll try to plan more playdates and allow her more weekend time in her chosen abode.

To make my fabulous mood even better, it's been raining but not enough to pull Tall Drink of Water away from his other job.

So to put it in a nutshell, I'm a sickly, bad mother who can't even do an effective rain dance.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I'm sure a day of rest will bring me back to the positive side. It's got to -- I've got too much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment