Thursday, April 25, 2013

This and That

Not too much to report today. Went over to the house after school yesterday and saw that Tall Drink of Water and Polar Pop did indeed show up and have filled the big hole in the basement with 10 inches of rock-solid cement, or is it concrete? What's the difference? I guess I should know, being a permit-holding General Contractor and all, but I have no idea.

Is cement when it's wet and concrete when it's dry? Are the terms interchangeable? I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. The important thing is that all this construction product is now ready to support our house and keep it from imploding into a man-made sink hole.

They also dropped off the steel beams. Man, those things are heavier than my eyelids after a day of working with kindergartners who can't go outside for recess. I have NO idea how they got them moved into the garage; I'm just thankful that our contractor is not only tall, he's also incredibly strong. And as noted yesterday by one of my readers, "pretty easy on the eyes.''

They also cleared out drywall in the kitchen where I plan to put a shallow pantry cabinet. Definitely need to follow up on this. If they have to take down that wall, I've got a 27-inch wide, 92-inch high cupboard with no place to go. This homeless cabinet has to establish residence somewhere. Would it be weird having to get my Cheerios from behind the bathroom toilet? I guess the family member on the pot at the time might want to weigh in on this idea.

Still feeling pretty fatigued, so it will probably be just work and a little on-line shopping today. We need to start thinking floors. We want hardwood -- it's just a matter of which wood will be least susceptible to LevelHead Canine's nails, which seem to grow as quickly as bamboo. Maybe that's a sign as to what flooring we should buy ...










No comments:

Post a Comment