Friday, April 5, 2013

Flying High!

Not too much to report today.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, except for the bird that has moved into the house! I was showing some friends our project, and we all heard a loud bang -- my guests thought it was Mr. Honest, the handyman, but he doesn't have his own key (yet). I thought it might be Mr. Hubby, but there was no response when I called his name (which doesn't necessarily mean anything; he tunes me out most of the time). The noise stopped, and we forgot about it,

I took my guests to the master suite, where I was mesmerizing them with my plans to build a wall-size closet on one end of the room and expand the bathroom on the other, when all at once a bird buzzed by just over over our heads. We tried to get it to the window, but he decided the rafters in the kitchen ceiling were more appealing.

He was quiet the rest of the tour, only to reappear when Mr. Hubby met Mr. Honest & Son later in the afternoon. They again tried to get him out a window, but I think Robin The Bird has grown rather fond of us and wants to stick around to see what renovation project we mess up next.

So now I'm in fear that Robin is going to whitewash all our floors, walls and anything else he can target with his precision-aimed bunghole. I want a white kitchen, but come on birdy, this is NOT what I had in mind ...


No comments:

Post a Comment