Friday, April 19, 2013

We've Got to Move, People!

I've been so wrapped up in the renovation of the house -- or more to the point, the LACK of renovation, that I've been in complete denial that we need to get everything in our current home packed and transported to the new crib by the end of May. And since I'm hoping that construction might actually be happening within the month that brings us flowers after those April showers, I better get my little bum moving (no pun intended).

We're also going to be part of a current neighborhood garage sale the final weekend in May, so first I need to separate our stuff into three piles: 1) things we move, 2) things we sell, and 3) things we clandestinely throw into someone else's dumpster under the cover of night.

So I guess this means cleaning the new house, at least the storage areas. I've been putting this off as long as possible, telling myself there was no use in sprucing up with all the construction dust and whatnot. For those that don't know me, I'm not much of a clean freak, actually quite the opposite. I can live with filth that drives Mr. Hubby to the brink of insanity. What drives ME crazy is doing all that work, and within a few days, having it look even worse than before you cleaned in the first place.

And now with a child, that theory is taken to a whole new level. So why get myself so frustrated? Better to leave it as-is and save myself all that stress. That kind of pressure is just not good for a person.

But even I want to at least wipe off the closet shelves before nestling in our precious goods: you know the stuff we've barely touched in our current house but can't bare to part with in the next.

So my goal for this weekend is to vaccuum and dust -- man, that was hard to write -- some of the closets, so I can start moving and grooving. LevelHead Jr. has a four-hour playdate tomorrow, so it's going to be a race to see how much I can clean -- well, at least until I get sick of it, anyway ...


No comments:

Post a Comment