Monday, April 15, 2013

Inside or Out??

I didn't get a chance to post on Friday -- I was all contractors, work, doctor appointments and school carnivals. Plus, we don't have internet at the new house yet, and none of our neighbors has easy-access wireless accounts that we can mooch. So I'm behind, per usual.

This weekend, I was all ready to get my putty knife out and wage some guerrilla warfare against the remaining kitchen floor adhesive. My plan was to keep hacking away at it until we had an almost level floor.

But on the way inside our new abode, I noticed the zillions of weeds that sprouted up after last week's rain. Sure, the precipitation allowed Tall Drink of Water and Polar Pop to begin their wall removal prep work, but it's also made the front of our house look like a soon-to-be-condemned property. That's a great way to impress the new neighbors.

So what should I do?? Focus on the inside of the house, where so much work needs to be done that it sometimes wakes me up at three in the morning with an annoying, "hey, lazy butt, when are you going to finish peeling off the dining room wallpaper?" OR do we work on the yard, and hopefully avoid a petition signed by the neighborhood, kindly asking us to move to a neighborhood more in keeping with our slovenly ways?

So I decided to do both -- resulting in a half-posteriored job on both -- my specialty. But I did meet a couple of neighbors who were very nice and seemingly agreeable to my promise to get to the outside of the property as soon as the kitchen and LevelHead, Jr's "suite" are finished.

Speaking of LHJ's wing of the house, Mr. Hubby made some great progress on the bath this weekend -- the shower surround is now gone and cement board has been installed in preparation for tiling. Mr. Honest, the handyman, also stopped by on Saturday and patched the drywall where the bulkhead used to be. Mr. H and I have made a date today to shop for bathroom floor tile. I should clarify that the date is with my husband and not the handyman, although if there's a possible discount with Mr. Honest, I may have to consider an "open" relationship. The sad part is I don't think Mr. Hubby would even care, especially if it saved him some money :( ...

Here are a few recent pics: an updated shot of the kitchen with most of the electrical removed from the studs; the newly drywalled bathroom ceiling where the bulkhead used to be; the complete mess of the bathroom right now and a cute shot of the giant hole in our basement thanks to Tall Drink of Water.




No comments:

Post a Comment