Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love the Bounce!

I'm currently coming at you from LevelHead Jr's piano lesson. While she's learning the difference between staccato and legato, I will send a quick update via the academy's free wifi.

The floor guys were at the house this morning trying to repair our bouncy carnival game hardwoods. They would stick some de-bouncer under the floor and then call me over to walk on it. Time after time, I would point out a new area that needed attention, IMHO. LHJ kept telling me I was being too picky -- probably so, but we spent a boatload on these floors. Shouldn't I be allowed satisfaction with my purchase?

At the end, the guys said they had them as good as they could get. They're not perfect by any stretch, but they're better. During this time, I was musing that we should have replaced all the subflooring and avoided these problems, but when the installer told me that would have cost around $4500, I decided it  wasn't such a big deal. I mean, who doesn't like a little bounce in their step? And it should really make it easy on the knees during cooking (when we eventually get a kitchen).

Speaking of which, Mr. Honest and Son installed part of the cabinets yesterday, and they're beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product. He's still working on the island and pantry. And they're not orange-peely at all. I can't remember if I mentioned this previously, but Honest Man had called me over the weekend to tell me that the paint wasn't adhering to the wood and looked like the skin of a citrus fruit. Fabulous. But he sanded them and tried a new paint, and they look great.

Now we're ready for the countertops so they can install the sink, which we desperately need. But it may be over a week before they can even MEASURE; and they won't even measure until they get their $$. We're taking cash to the vendor tomorrow for a 3% discount, and I told Mr. Hubby he has to look his cutest so we can get moved up in their schedule. Does anyone know if you can get six-pack abs overnight?

Will report the results of the Hubster's seduction tomorrow.

Here are my beautiful cabinets, at least what we have so far ...




No comments:

Post a Comment