Monday, June 24, 2013

Is Anyone Still There??

I'm sure all blog readers have stopped checking in on the LevelHead saga by now -- I've gone six days without a post. I haven't given up on the blog, gentle readers; I've just given up on mooching free internet about town.

Trapped in the house by AT&T technicians who promised internet each day but failed to deliver left me feeling down and miffed by evening -- not in the mood to schlep my laptop to Starbucks yet again.

But today things brightened tremendously in the LevelHead world -- our internet was actually connected and is working! Technician Bill, my new hero, is the reason for the smile on my face and the bounce to my step (or maybe that's due to the hardwoods ...). Regardless, I feel like I'm back in the world of the living and not having to check email on my phone, knowing I'm using up precious data plan minutes.

More good things also happened today. The countertop dude measured for the quartz, and Sears delivered the refrigerator. Right now, it looks so sharp sitting in the future kitchen. It's going to be even more appealing when it's actually connected to electricity, which should happen on Thursday. Yes, Smoke & Mirrors will be here to finish off the receptacles (fancy language for ''outlets''), install pendant lights and get the under-counter lighting hooked up -- something that the owner of the electrical shop said I HAD to have.

Sad news on a different front, though. Cabinet maker Mr. Honest's elderly mother passed away over the weekend, so he's been busy with funeral arrangements. But he thinks he can install the island Wednesday, weather permitting -- he doesn't have a top on his truck so can only deliver when the sun shines. Hey, it's a small price to pay for the deal we're getting.

In addition, Mr. Hubby is working on LevelHead Jr.'s bedroom by painting a rainbow on the wall, per LHJ's request. He's done with four colors, and as we all remember from earth science, a rainbow has seven colors. Remember ROY G BIV?? Our rainbow has pastel hues (agreed to after much negotiation with LHJ -- she can be very tough since I told her we'd decorate her room any way she wanted (a little moving motivation that might be coming back to bite me in the booty). Will post a pic when it's finished.

So that's where we are. Feeling much more positive than I did this weekend ... part of that may have been due to LevelHead Canine possibly being HBC (that's animal shelter language for Hit By a Car). She ran away and was picked up by animal control officers on Saturday. She seems to be doing much better today, although she's still got a little limp sometimes and a sore nose and paw.

I actually get to do some shopping tomorrow and look for master bedroom vanity faucets. After being on house arrest courtesy of AT&T this past week, Lowe's is going to feel like a real social outing ...

Our new LG fridge ... it's a beauty, isn't it??


No comments:

Post a Comment