Monday, June 3, 2013

Direct TV Stinks!

We built our entire day around the schedule of the Direct TV technician, who was scheduled to transfer our service this afternoon. He was SUPPOSED to arrive sometime between 12-4; around 3:30, the scheduler called to see if he had arrived. No, he had not. She then said he was running a little late (if you knew he was behind schedule, why did you ask if he was there??) and would arrive in a ''little bit''.

Well, almost three hours later, still no guy. We were working on other projects, but still ... I was slowly increasing in steam and by about 6:00, I was ready for a phone confrontation. Unfortunately, Direct TV makes a point of not being able to be reached, so I called the number Tom thought would get me a service person. Instead, it was a marketing number for DISH TV -- how is that even possible? The marketer didn't really want to hear my problems; she was more concerned about trying to convert me to DISH.  She said ''Let's find you some savings." I said, "Let's not" and ended the sale pitch.

When it was almost 6:30, we called it a day and headed back to our soon-to-be old house. But before leaving, I posted a ''YOU'RE TOO LATE'!' sign on the door. It was written on a napkin with a wood-filler pen, but I'm sure the technician was shaking in his boots when he saw it.

After a heated phone conversation between Mr. Hubby and the field supervisor back at the old house, a new and improved tech is supposed to arrive bright and early at 8:00 tomorrow. We'll see what time he or she actually shows ...

On a happier note, I got my shower grout changed to white last Friday. The tiler had gotten a haircut after the initial installation and was now sporting a mullet. I have to admit, I've always been a fan -- not the crazy Bill Ray Cyrus kind -- just your average late '80s/early 90's do.

The tiler and his assistant listened to some hard-core country, not your Carrie Underwood/Blake Shelton variety, but the good old boys from back in the day. So we'll call them Merle and George.

They did a great job as they listened to their twangin' guitars. The white grout looks SO much better. Merle said he didn't like the old grout either, so he wasn't surprised that I wanted it changed.

Tomorrow, the movers are coming to the old house, and the Direct TV guy (sure) and the flooring team will be at the new one. Should be an exciting day. Thank goodness LevelHead Nana is spending the week with us and helping with LevelHead Jr., meals and about anything we ask her to do. She's been invaluable.

Looks like I'm gonna need some extra caffeine -- thank you, Diet Sunkist!!

Here are Merle and George, ready to make my grout white.






No comments:

Post a Comment