Friday, May 24, 2013

Pics & Things

For some reason, Mr. Hubby has strong feelings about where the sink should be located in the kitchen, so my idea (ok, Crazy Chair Drywall Guy's idea) of taking away the peninsula and moving everything to the island is a no-go.

Had to call Mr. Honest today to re-order the lazy susan and cancel the 34-inch cabinet that was going to replace it. Of course, this is the one time he's super-efficient and has already made the revised cabinet. So it looks like we're going to have really nice storage for the garage. He offered to eat the cost (that's Mr. Honest for you), but that's not fair at all. I'll probably have to fight him to take the money.

On the bright side, the drywall is looking fabulous; Zannder is at the house mudding seams as we speak. I have some pictures below.

On the picky side, the caulk that the tilers used matches the grey grout, and for some reason, I just don't like it. Unfortunately, the caulk color was spelled out in the work order, so I can't get them to change it for free. But the tiler will dig out the grey and replace it with white for 50 bucks, so I'm going to have him do it, instead of being dissatisfied forever. Mr. Hubby thinks I'm crazy, but he's come to realze that the old expression is too true: ''if mama isn't happy, ain't nobody happy.'' So I'm guessing he won't balk too much at the cost.

In perfect keeping with every other thing that's happened with this reno, the vanity I ordered for the master bathroom was damaged during delivery, so the whole thing has to be sent back and a new one reissued, but it's on back order. Of course, why would I expect anything to go easily? I think the delivery guy expected me to go ballistic, but it's pretty low on the rating scale of remodeling mishaps. So I just took a deep breath and signed the DELIVERED DAMAGED paperwork.

Today is all about the garage sale. We got a ton done yesterday (thanks to Mr. Hubby's biceps), so this afternoon I'll be pricing and setting up the display tables. Hoping for clear skies and a good turn-out ...

Here are pictures of the new drywall, including the installer, Zannder.









No comments:

Post a Comment