Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times ...

THE WALLS ARE DOWN!!! THE WALLS ARE DOWN!!

It's true! It's true! I was beginning to think the day of open concept living would never come, but it did, and I could not stop smiling all day Friday. In fact, I exhausted myself with so much happy dancing that I was too pooped to write the blog post to announce it. It's just so great to see that the kitchen, living room and dining room are one big space, support beam notwithstanding.

Woke up Saturday morning feeling very motivated. There was actual progress that I could SEE, not just the design images that usually float around my head but cannot possibly be explained to Mr. Hubby or any other sane person, for that matter.

But then the phone rang. It was Mr. Honest's wife (he's our cabinet maker and handyman without equal). Mrs. Honest informed me that MH is in intensive care in The Big City. He was admitted to the local hospital with heart attack-like symptoms but transferred to a bigger facility due to the seriousness of his problems.

It just breaks my heart. MH is one of the nicest people I have ever met in my whole life. I don't think he would cheat you out of a dollar if you TOLD him it was okay to take. I just hope God isn't thinking he could use another really great guy in heaven right now because I think this earth needs him, whether he make cabinets for me or not.

So it will be with a heavy heart that I go cabinet shopping tomorrow in case Mr. Honest cannot make our cupboards. I'm going to start with another customer builder because Mr. Honest's custom work would have allowed me to have an island and pantry that do not conform to stock sizes. But I may end up at Lowe's if the price is too high.

And if you believe in the power of prayer, could you add Mr. Honest to your list? I know you don't know him, but you'd sure like him if you did ....

Here are some pics with the walls down. There's also a blurry pic of Tall Drink of Water and Polar Pop on their last day of work -- I think my hysteria was making my hands shake.
















No comments:

Post a Comment